Prep Time20 minutes
Recipe Ingredients2 large eggs
1 cup half and half
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon butter,melted
1 teaspoon chipotle chilli powder
2 green onions,chopped
1 lb hot/spicy bulk sausage
1 (10oz)can Ro-Tel Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chiles
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
3 cups frozen Potatoes O'Brien
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup romaine lettuce,chopped
1 medium tomato,diced
1 cup sour cream
Directions1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch round springform pan with aluminum foil. Spray inside of pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl,whisk together the eggs,half and half,and salt. Stir in the flour just until moistened. Whisk in the butter and chili powder;set aside.
3. Brown the sausage in a large skillet,over a medium heat,until no longer pink. Break meat up with a fork while cooking. Drain the grease and return sausage to skillet. Stir in the Ro-Tel and simmer for 5 minutes,stirring occasionally. Spoon sausage into the springform pan,set on a baking sheet,and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile in another skillet,heat the oil,add the potatoes and cook until golden brown and crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
5. Remove pan from the oven,and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Pour the flour mixture over sausage then arrange the potatoes over the batter. Return to oven and bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top and bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted,about 5-10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Remove sides from the pan and place on a serving plate. garnish with lettuce,tomatoes,and sour cream.