Prep Time40 minutes (with cooking ground turkey)
Servings12 spring rolls (4-6 servings)
Recipe Ingredients12 spring roll / egg roll wrappers
1 can (14.5 ounces) RO*TEL Mexican
8 ounces of cream cheese
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. paprika
1 diced jalapeno
1 cup of ground turkey (cooked)
1/2 cup of lime juice
1/4 cup of fresh cilantro (chopped)
3 tbsp. of honey
2 tbsp. of dijon mustard
1/2 cup of olive oil
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Drain liquid from RO*TEL Mexican can.
3. Combine drained RO*TEL and cream cheese well.
4. Add cumin, chili powder, and paprika. Stir well.
5. Add one diced jalapeno and one cup of ground turkey. Stir. *Note: Ground turkey should be cooked before added. To cook, place on a 9 inch skillet (I coat the bottom with cooking spray) and cook until brown, both sides, about 10 minutes. Do not season.
6. Once this is all combined well, take out spring roll / egg roll wrappers.
7. Following the directions on the wrapper package, place 1/12th of the mixture into the center of the wrapper. The wrapper should look like a diamond with the tip facing you.
8. Fold the bottom up, and the sides in. Roll to the top.
9. Place flap side DOWN onto a greased cookie sheet.
10. Use 1-2 tbsp. of olive oil to lightly cover the tops of each spring roll (this is to simulate frying).
11. Place in the preheated oven for 8 minutes.
12. Combine lime juice and fresh cilantro well in dipping bowl. I use a whisk, you could also use a fork.
13. Add honey and whisk well.
14. Whisk in dijon mustard. Taste.
15. When the dip is to your taste, drizzle in the remaining olive oil. Slowly whisk this in so all the flavors are mixed well and the oil does not separate. If the oil does separate, simply whisk for about 3 minutes until it comes back together.
16. Take the spring rolls out of the oven, let cool for approximately 5 minutes.
17. Serve and Enjoy!