RO*TEL ACROSS AMERICA RECIPE CONTEST
All Entries will be judged by June 16th, 2010 and 10 finalists will be selected, based on the following criteria:
Creativity - 20 points
Put your thinking caps on and blow us away with something surprising, enticing or unusual. Is there a special occasion this recipe is best for or does your mouth begin to water as soon as you read the title? Is this a recipe where the use of RO*TEL is unexpected? Let the recipe tell your story. Maybe it's specific to your region, a family picnic tradition, or a huge hit at work gatherings. Whichever road you take, let the "I" in recipe shine.
Presentation - 20 points
Here we'll look at your recipe's name and description, and more importantly, photo(s). Does it look appetizing? After only a glance have we already grabbed the shopping list to copy down the ingredients?
Taste - 20 points
We're looking for the perfect blend of flavors and spices, the right amount of heat (or not!) and the type of dish where one bite is never enough. Taste can be subjective, but when it comes to RO*TEL in recipes, we're looking for flavor that might be a blastoff or it might be a delicate nudge.
- Open to United States residents, ages 18+.
- Contestants may enter as many times as they wish for the length of the Promotion.
- Recipes must include one or several RO*TEL products: Original, Chunky, Mild, Hot, Mexican, Chili Fixin's.
- Recipes must have a title and list all ingredients with exact U.S. measurements. Include complete directions, dish sizes, required utensils, preparation time, cooking time, heat requirements (i.e. oven temperature or stove top heat), number of servings, and any other relevant information.
- Judges will disqualify previously published Recipes, such as, but not limited to, those in cookbooks, magazines, from food companies, on food or recipe websites and entries in other recipe contests, unless the recipe features changes considered significant by the judges.
- The Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Entry must not contain brand names or trademarks, except for Sponsor's trademark for which entrant has a limited license to use for the sole purposes of creating and uploading an Entry into this Contest;
- The Entry must not contain images or artwork not created by entrant;
- The Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- The Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Entry is created; and
- The Entry must not use competitive tomato brands.
- RO*TEL Across America Recipe Contest Launch – May 12th, 2010
- Recipe Submission Closes – June 13th, 2010, 11:59 P.M. EST
- 10 Finalists Announced, Voting Begins – June 16th, 2010
- 10 Finalists Voting Ends – June 30th, 2010, 11:59 P.M. EST
- Contest Winner Announced – July 7th, 2010
Recipe Submission and Finalist Voting
- Recipe submissions will be accepted via the RO*TEL Across America Website: http://rotelacrossamerica.com using Facebook Connect. Recipes will also be accepted via the RO*TEL Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ROTEL/140445445010
- After the judging process, the 10 finalists' recipes will be published on the RO*TEL Across America site and Facebook Page where a fan vote will determine the winner.